Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Oh My NOLA"

all images © NBH photography

I traveled to New Orleans this past weekend for a job and am very happy with the images I was able to come away with. I had not been there since a month before Hurricane Katrina. I was anxious to see the city and how it had survived Katrina and more recently, Gustav -in a twist of irony, I am married to a "Katrina" and the last time I was in New Orleans I photographed a Gustav(o)- Any way, the parts of the city that remain intact, or are repaired, are in fact the parts that I think of when I think NOLA... French Quarter, Downtown, the Superdome... however the the parts of the city that were most affected by the levies breaking are still in dire need of help. I can hardly comprehend what 20,000 teens might be capable of when empowered by the Holy Spirit in 2010... did I mention the job was for a large LCMS youth gathering that will be held there in the summer of 2010? Very exciting! More images to come...

3 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Sweet shots babe! I love 'em!!!

8:44 AM  
Blogger +gmjameson said...

Your photos are awesome (as ever) ... I picked up a card while in the city this past August for a photographer, and was thinking of Christmas purchases from him - but would RATHER purchase from YOU - here's his info: www.JoeDunnArts.com

4:02 PM  
Blogger +gmjameson said...

Your photos are awesome (as ever) ... I picked up a card while in the city this past August for a photographer, and was thinking of Christmas purchases from him - but would RATHER purchase from YOU - here's his info: www.JoeDunnArts.com

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home